Telstra Business Intelligence 2020 draws on both quantitative and qualitative research.
- The core quantitative research – Telstra Business Intelligence Study – was commissioned by Telstra and undertaken by independent research agency Picnic Customer Intelligence via online surveys in November 2019 with a sample of 1,000 consumers (aged 18 years and over) and 1,000 businesses with <100 employees. Quotas were used to ensure the sample was representative of the market. Fieldwork was conducted from 27 November 2019 to 11 December 2019
- Qualitative research took place with a range of small business owners, industry experts and consumers from January 2020 to May 2020.
In the context of our research:
- A ‘small business’ is defined as having 1-19 employees. A ‘medium business’ is defined as having 20-99 employees. 'SMB’ groups together small and medium businesses per the above definitions.
- Technology encompasses everything from the internet and telephone, to hardware devices (including mobiles and desktops) and software. In the context of the Telstra Business Intelligence 2020 report series, we place emphasis on technology that is used to connected people – be it businesses, customers or employees.
- Consumer or customer is used to describe both existing and potential customers as well as consumers in general.